Sunday, October 28, 2012

Garden October 2012













I have decided to start putting in some basic above ground gardens and I finished the first one lol.

I am putting in a couple of these and we need the nets here to stop the cats, bats and birds getting in with the vegs. I have started planting   tomato's and rhubarb and will over the next few days pick up some more seedlings.
I spent Sunday transplanting root bound plants and planting herbs for the summer and it was a good day as it was cool making it perfect to work outside.
My miniature mandarin tree is also going to produce fruit this year which is very cool lol.

The wind has been so bad this year that my yard looks like a disaster area most of the time so being able to get outside and rake up the leaves and generally have a good clean up makesme feel rather productive and I have always enjoyed the loved and cared for look of a yard and garden.

My garden is a real work in progress  as we have only just finished removing dozens of adult tress that were chocking each other because of lack of space so now we start the replanting of useful trees and add the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment